The Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco requires specific licenses for any business or establishment wishing to sell alcoholic beverages or tobacco products. Each license is acquired by completing a series of application forms and processing them with the Division. Beverage Law Institute assists in all aspects of the licensing applications.

We help clients decide upon the appropriate application form, based on the needs of each establishment, and begin the process of filling it out. We begin by inputting all information that is provided by the client and public records. This step helps to eliminate confusion and cut down wasted time. We then hand over the application, along with a detailed checklist of instructions, to the client. The checklist is specifically catered to each client and lessens the confusion associated with filling out a government document.

Once we have received the application, we will check it over to make sure there is no missing, or incorrect information. When we are sure of the validity of the document, we will personally deliver it to be processed. Due to our ideal location, we are able to obtain the sign-offs needed in many application forms. We personally visit government agencies, such as the Department of Revenue and Health Department.

Through our business relations, we are able to receive constant status updates on the application, as we await a Temporary License or verification. Beverage Law Institute expedites and simplifies the process for each client, while keeping him or her fully informed of each step along the way.

The Applications most commonly used by business owners are the 6001, the 6002, and the 7030 for a Food Service Permit.

The 6001 Application for a new alcoholic beverage license, is utilized by clients looking to obtain a new alcohol license. In order to obtain a 4COP, 5COP, 6COP, 7COP, or 8COP license, the 6001 application must be processed and approved. Specialty locations, such as restaurants, bowling alleys, hotels and a variety of other establishments also use this application. To complete the document, applicants enter information regarding the establishment, corporation, and various personal questionnaires. Applicants must obtain multiple government sign-offs and notarizations. The 6001 has a Temporary License fee determined by the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco. This fee is $100.00 and it must be distributed with the application for it to be fully processed.

The 6002 Application for a transfer of ownership, is another commonly used application. Clients wanting to transfer their current license from one location to another, or those buying and selling a Quota License use this application. It is similar, in many ways, to the 6001. Applicants will provide information regarding the Corporation and establishment, along with answering a personal questionnaire. They will also need to obtain a series of sign-offs and notarizations from government agencies. In addition, there is a Quota Computation sheet that determines the Transfer Fee attached to the license. The fee is generated from an equation using the previous three years of taxable sales, as provided by the Department of Revenue. Each Transfer fee is unique to the situation of the license. Along with the Transfer fee, there is a $100.00 fee that purchases a Temporary License.

The 7030 Application for a Public Food Service Establishment License with Plan Review, is used by establishments selling food. Clients fill out a personal questionnaire along with a series of questions about the establishment.  These include construction materials, facilities, exits, bathrooms, and fire safety equipment. The location and number of sinks will need to be provided, along with any sanitation details. There are no notarizations or sign-offs needed, however, an inspection is required. The 7030 has two fees attached, as required by the Division. The first is $150.00 for the Plan Review and the second is unique to each establishment. The second fee is based on the number of seats within the establishment and the opening date.